- Participating Ports
- MEDNET Partners
WELCOME TO MEDNET PORT OPERATIONS OBSERVATORY
The Observatory of Port Operations in the Mediterranean Sea is an all-inclusive
information centre and knowledge base on port administrative requirements, logistics
procedures, port operations and customs formalities.
It allows for recording and disseminating best practices, as well as for understanding the technical parametres related to port operations’ performance, through the use of a specialised database, while highlighting at the same time strengths and weaknesses of port operations. Moreover, it provides a communication platform at European, national and regional levels, relying on an open discussion group.
Average time for customs clearance (imports) by country.
Average time for customs clearance (exports) by country.
Customs procedures that are not yet electronic by country
|Country||Procedures not electronic yet|
|Italy||T2L, carnet ATA, AE302|
|Spain||Authorisation for representation in customs clearance procedures|
|France||Certificates of origin, phytosanitarity, quality|
|Greece||Clearance of goods with excise duty|
|Cyprus||Development of new export system|
|Slovenia||T2L, paper for vessel manifest containing cargo manifest from the shipping agent|
|Croatia||All procedures electronic|
|Albania||All procedures electronic|
Available formats for the presentation of the electronic documents
|France||XML, EDIFACT, PDF|
|Cyprus||XML, Web forms|
Pilot Actions of MEDNET project partners
The Pilot Actions proposed by the MEDNET partners in order to test the prototypes that are being developed, are:
1. Simplification of the Procedures Associated with Customs: ENS, EXS, SDTS and Import/Export SAD
2. Promotion of the Single Market: Support to the Electronic Proof of Union Status System to Justify the Community Status of Goods.
3. Improvement of Sanitary, Phytosanitary and Veterinary Controls: Introduction of Electronic Tools.
4. Improvement of RO-RO Traffic: Parking Management and Customs Procedures.
5. BerImprovement of RO-RO and Cruise Ship Calls: Ship Supplies and Berth Allocation.
6. Facilitating the Implementation of Single Windows and Port Community Systems.
7. Port Operations Observatory in the Mediterranean.